Wellness for Life Academy – Moving Forward Group’s Contribution.
The Wellness for Life Academy is a partnership venture between the University of Bradford Well-being Centre, Faculty of Health Studies and multiple NHS and third sector health and social care services in conjunction with service user participation.
It is a project aimed at establishing a shared learning community that grows and develops to meet the needs of the community.
Moving Forward Group
Moving Forward Group will be delivering 3 peer support group sessions per week for the 15 weeks of the summer school. The groups are;
- Moving Forward (Women’s Group) each Tue – starts 8 May 2018, 09:30 – 11:30.
- Moving Forward (Mixed Group) each Tue – starts 8 May 2018, 11:30 – 13:30.
- Moving Forward (Men’s Group) each Tue – starts 8 May 2018, 13:30 – 15:30.
- (NOTE:- A Moving Forward Group’s gender focus is based on a person’s chosen gender identity, not a person’s assigned gender).
The Moving Forward Group sessions will be located at;
- Phoenix Building, Room NE0.99, University of Bradford Campus, Bradford BD7 1DP.
- Get directions Tel: 44 (0) 1274 232323
You will learn about the causes of poor mental health, how to help others plan their recovery and maintain better wellbeing in the future.
Each session will involve a check-in period, with open discussion, and practical wellbeing practice.
Summer School 2018
There is a range of courses, education programmes, workshops and open groups where anyone who wishes to learn more about improving their mental health and well-being can enrol and participate.
All workshops will be hosted on the University’s main campus in its modern, bespoke educational facilities.
Please visit Wellness for Life Academy webpage to book a place on the course, or courses that suit your needs.
Moving Forward Group is not the only 3rd party organisation present at the Summer School.
There are several great contributions by other mental health support providers – it’s an amazing event!