Moving Forward is a continuous support group providing knowledge and guidance that promotes good mental health and wellbeing:
- Prevention not cure.
- Learning to live well again.
- Like minded people to share experience.
- Empathy and compassion.
- Be understood as a person not a patient.
- Gain knowledge about your condition and how others have coped.
- Knowledge gives you more strength.
- Learn to live well again – learn about the building blocks of wellness to minimise the effect of your illness.
- Be trained to facilitate group meetings.
- Use wellness tools to maintain your recovery.
- How to avoid triggers – those you know and those known by others.
- Brotherhood – you don’t need to face mental illness alone, and misunderstood.
See the local group details above. You can just drop in at a meeting or get in touch at any other time – see contact details.